1. Do NOT go on a rant
- You only have 140 characters to work with. Keep it short and simple and don't have tons of joined tweets. It is hard to read and if you have that much to say make a blog.
2. Don't have long conversations
-A few tweets back and forth with a friend is fine but if it is simple one word answers or over 5 tweets. It's time to take your phone out. Call, text, whatever, just take it somewhere else.
3. Don't Tweet your every action/ thought
-Yes your followers probably want to know about your life but not every single detail. There is such thing as too much information.
4. Don't go hashtag crazy
-I myself love a good hashtag. Use them often but use them wisely. However, try to make them short. It becomes very difficult to read a sentence long hashtag.
5. Don't over tweet or over retweet
- No one wants their home page overwhelmed by one person.
Of course rules need to be broken from time to time. Just don't make a habit of it!