Sunday, January 29, 2012

Getting Closer to Celebs

Dear Brad Pitt,

First I'd like to thank Perez Hilton for bringing this to my attention. And second, thank you for joining us. In all honesty, I'm not really sure how I'm going to handle this. By becoming part of the internet world there is this newfound "normal-ness" in you that may take a while to settle in. When will you find time to go on the computer? Don't you have movies to film? Weights to lift? Diapers to change? Oscars to receive? Angelina to stare at? I'm glad you started with Google+ because I don't really know how to work it so won't be able to see your updates all the time life if you were on Twitter. I think I would have a heart attack every time you tweeted so this is definitely safer for my health. It's going to take me a while to get used to the fact that you're sort of a normal person now. We all feel this way, right?

BUUUUT in all seriousness, what do you guys think about celebrities and the use of social networking sites? Twitter has brought fans closer to their favourite stars than ever before. There are thousands of retweets, replies, that take only seconds for the celeb to do but make the day (or life) of the fan. But it works both ways! Celebs can gain a much bigger fan base by being active on their social media profile. It gives people a glimpse into their personality which - hopefully - makes them more likable! I follow over 600 people on Twitter, alot of them being celebrities and my favourite actors and actresses. Their Twitter profile gives me live updates of their day to day tasks, thoughts, promos for new work, allows me to see relationships with them and other celebs -- and for some reason, I'm realllllly into it all! I definitely think social networking sites is good for the entertainment industry, and it's influences can really affect the success/demise of a celeb.

No comments:

Post a Comment